Shop our historical maps
The year is 1913, a year before the Great War broke out and changed the world. The spirit of the future is palpable on the streets of Stockholm. Now you can enjoy 6 minutes of unique, old video clips from Stockholm in colour.
Look at the faces, the clothes, the movements, the children. What do you see? More than anything else, I think I see hope for the future in people. Happy, curious Swedes with straight backs and heads held high. Hard-working people who laid the foundations for Sweden's prosperity in the early 20th century. People we owe a lot to.
DeOldify, with which the footage is coloured, is an open and free software for colouring and restoring old photos and videos, based on deep learning. If you are sitting on your own old black and white photos or film clips, you can try DeOldify for yourself here.
Subscribe to YouTube:
If you appreciate Allmogens independent work to portray our fine Swedish history and Nordic culture, you are welcome to buy something nice in the shop or support us with a voluntary donation. Thank you in advance!
- The slaughter of the almages on Helgeandsholmen 1463
- Speech on Swedish Flag Day
- 25 March 1644: Massacre of Scanian peasants at the Battle of Borst
- The plague in the Gullspång river
- Smokestone (Eye 136)
- Vote for Sweden's national flower
- You can now order the Allmogens Almanac 2020
- The old
- Sigurdsristningen (Sö 101)