Your privacy is crucial to us. Allmogens basic principles are as follows:
- We are mindful of the personal information we ask you to provide and the personal information we collect about you through the operation of our Services.
- We only store personal information for as long as we have a reason to keep it.
- We strive for complete transparency in how we collect, use and share your personal information.
Who we are and what this policy covers
- Our website Allmogens.se;
- Possible future mobile applications (including WordPress mobile app for Android and iOS);
Genom denna sekretesspolicy hänvisar vi till vår webbplats, mobilapplikationer och andra produkter och tjänster tillsammans som “Tjänster”.
Below we explain how we collect, use and share information about you, along with the choices you have with respect to that information.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
We only collect information about you if we have a reason to do so, for example, to provide our services, to communicate with you or to improve our services.
We collect information in three ways: if and when you provide information to us, automatically through the use of our services, and from external sources. Let's go over the information we collect.
Information you give us
It's probably not surprising that we collect the information you give us. The amount and type of information depends on the context and how we use it. Here are some examples:
- Basic account information: We ask for basic information from you to set up your account. For example, we require people who sign up for an account to provide a username and an email address, and that's it. You can give us more information - like your name - but we don't need that information to create an account.
- Public profile information: If you have an account with us, we collect the information you provide for your public profile. Om du till exempel har ett WordPress.com-konto, är ditt användarnamn en del av den offentliga profilen tillsammans med all annan information du lägger in i din offentliga profil, till exempel ett foto eller en “Om mig” -beskrivning. Your public profile information is just that - public - so please keep it in mind when deciding what information to include.
- Transaction and billing information: If you purchase something from us-a membership subscription, a print or a map, for example-you will provide additional personal and payment information required to process the transaction and your payment, such as your name, credit card information and contact information.
- Content information: Depending on the Services you use, you may also provide us with information about you in draft and published content. For example, if you write a blog post that contains biographical information about you, we will get that information, and so will anyone with access to the Internet if you choose to publish the post publicly. This may be obvious to you ... but it's not to everyone!
- Media: If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images where the EXIF data includes GPS location data. Visitors to the site can download and retrieve all positioning data from public images on the site.
- Comments: When visitors leave comments on the site, we collect the data displayed in the comment form as well as the visitor's IP address and user agent string to help detect spam messages. An anonymised string created from your email address (also known as a hash value) may be sent to the Gravatar service to determine if you are registered there. Once your comment has been approved, your profile picture will be publicly displayed along with your comment.
- Communicating with us (Hi!): You can also provide us with information when you respond to surveys, communicate with us about a support issue or ask a question about our products or your order in our public channels.
Information we collect automatically
We also collect information automatically:
- Log information: Like most online service providers, we collect information that browsers, mobile devices and servers typically make available, such as browser type, IP address, unique device identifiers, language settings, referring website, date and time of access, operating system and mobile network information. We collect log information when you use our services, such as when you create or make changes to your account.
- Usage information: We collect information about your use of our services - in other words, who did what, when and to what things on a website. We also collect information about what happens when you use our Services (such as page views, searches, interactions with our navigation menu and other parts of our Services) along with information about your device (such as screen size, mobile network name and mobile device manufacturer). We use this information to, for example, provide our services to you, as well as to gain insights into how people use our services, so that we can improve our services.
- Location information: We can determine the approximate location of your device from your IP address. We collect and use this information, for example, to calculate how many people visit our services from certain geographic regions. We may also collect information about your exact location through our mobile apps (for example, when you upload a photo with location information) if you allow us to do so through your operating system permissions.
- Stored information: We may access information stored on your mobile device via any future mobile apps. We access this stored information through your operating system permissions. For example, if you allow us to access the photos on your mobile device's camera roll, our services can access the images stored on your device when you upload a really great sunrise photo to your website.
Information we collect from other sources
We may also obtain information about you from other sources. For example, if you create or sign in to your WordPress.com account via another service (such as Google) or if you connect your website or account to a social media service (such as Twitter), we will obtain information from that service (such as your username, basic profile information and waitlist) through the authorization procedures used by that service. The information we receive depends on which services you accept and which options are available.
We may also obtain information, such as an address, from third-party services about people who are not yet our users (... but we hope will be!), which we may use for example for marketing and promotional purposes such as postcards and other mailers advertising our services.
If you leave a comment on our website, you can choose to save your name, email address and website address in cookie files. This is for your convenience so that you don't have to enter this information again the next time you leave a comment. These cookie files are valid for one year.
If you have an account and log in to this website, we will create a temporary cookie file to check whether your browser accepts cookies. This cookie file does not contain any personally identifiable information and will disappear when you close your browser.
In addition, when you log in, we will create several cookie files to store information about your login and your screen layout choices. Cookies for login are valid for two days and cookies for layout choices are valid for one year. If you tick "Remember me", your cookie will remain for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookie files will be deleted.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie file will be stored in your browser. This cookie file does not contain any personal data, but only the post ID of the article you just edited. It is valid for 1 day.
If you add products to your basket, we use session cookies to save your basket between visits.
How to avoid cookies:
How and why we use the information
Purpose of use of information
We use information about you as mentioned above and for the purposes set out below:
- To provide our services, for example, to create and maintain your account, process your orders, provide services to members, and more.
- To further develop and improve our services, for example by adding new features that we think our members will appreciate.
- To monitor and analyse trends and better understand how users interact with our services, which helps us improve our services and make them easier to use.
- To measure, gauge and improve the effectiveness of our advertising and better understand user retention and wastage - for example, we may analyse how many individuals purchased a plan after receiving a marketing message or the features used by those who continue to use our services after a certain period of time;
- To monitor and prevent potential problems with our Services, protect the security of our Services, detect and prevent fraudulent transactions and other unlawful activities, combat spam, and protect the rights and property of Allmogens and others, which may result in us reducing a transaction or the use of our services;
- To communicate with you, for example via an email, about offers and promotions offered by Allmogens and others that we think will be of interest to you, solicit your feedback or keep you updated about Allmogens and our products.and
- To personalise your experience with our services, provide content recommendations, target our marketing messages to groups of our users (such as those who are members or have been our users for a certain period of time) and serve relevant advertisements.
Legal bases for the collection and use of information
A note here for those of you living in the European Union about our legal grounds for processing information about you under EU data protection laws, which is that our use of your information is based on that:
(2) The use is necessary to comply with a legal obligation; or
(3) The use is necessary to protect your vital interests or those of another person; or
(4) We have a legitimate interest in using your information, for example, to provide and update our Services, to improve our Services so that we can provide you with an even better user experience, to protect our Services, to communicate with you, to measure, estimate and improve the effectiveness of our advertising, and to better understand user retention and wastage, monitor and prevent any problems with our Services and customize your user experience; or
(5) You have given us your consent, for example before we place certain cookies on your device and access and analyse them later.
Who we share your data with
How we share information
We do not sell our users' private personal data.
We share information about you in the limited circumstances set out below and with appropriate safeguards for your privacy:
- Legal inquiries: We may disclose information about you in response to a court order or other compelling governmental request.
- To protect rights, property and others: We may disclose information about you when we believe in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of Allmogens, third parties or the public at large. For example, if we believe there is an imminent danger of death or serious physical injury, we can immediately disclose information about the emergency.
- With your consent: We may share the information with you with your consent or at your direction. For example, we may share your information with third parties that you allow us to, such as the social media services that you connect to your website via our publish feature.
- Aggregate or de-identified information: We may share information that has been aggregated or reasonably identified, so that the information could not reasonably be used to identify you. For example, we may publish aggregate statistics about the use of our services and we may share a hashed version of your email address to facilitate customised advertising campaigns on other platforms.
- Official support notifications: If you send us a request (for example, via a support email or one of our feedback mechanisms), we reserve the right to publish that request to help us clarify or respond to your inquiry or to help us support other users.
Information shared publicly
Information that you choose to make public is - you guessed it - public information.
This means of course that the information such as your public profile, posts, other content that you publish on Allmogens.se is available to others.
For example, the photo you upload to your public profile, or a default photo if you haven't uploaded one, is public. Your profile picture, along with other public profile information, will appear with the comments you make on our Services when you are logged into your account.
Public information may also be indexed by search engines or used by third parties.
Keep all this in mind when deciding what to share.
How long we keep your data
If you post a comment, the comment and its metadata will be saved indefinitely. The reason for this is that we need to be able to find and approve follow-up comments automatically and not queue them for review.
For users who register on our website, we also store the personal data specified in the user profile. All users can view, edit or delete their personal data at any time (with the exception that they cannot change their username). Site administrators can also view and edit this information.
We keep anonymised metadata about the traffic and use of our services without time limit. We retain the logs for this period of time to, among other things, analyse traffic to Allmogens's websites and investigate problems if something goes wrong on one of our websites.
As another example, when you delete a post, page or comment from your account, it remains in the trash for thirty days, during which time you can change your mind and restore the content. After the thirty days, the deleted content may remain on our backups and caches until they are cleared.
While no online service is 100% secure, we work very hard to protect information about you from unauthorized access, use, alteration or destruction and take reasonable steps to do so, such as monitoring our services for possible vulnerabilities and attacks.
To improve the security of your account, we encourage you to use a strong password.
You have several options available when it comes to information about you:
- Limit the information you provide: If you have an account with us, you can choose not to provide the optional account information, profile information and transaction and billing information. Please note that if you do not provide this information, certain features of our services, such as e-commerce or membership, may not be available.
- Restrict access to information on your mobile device: The operating system of the mobile device shall provide you with the ability to disable our ability to collect stored information or location information via our mobile apps. If you do, you may not be able to use certain features (such as adding a location to a photo).
- Opt-out from electronic communications: You can opt out of receiving promotional messages from us. Just follow the instructions in these messages. If you opt out of promotional messages, we may still send other messages, such as about your account and legal notices.
- Close your account: While we would be very sorry to see you go, if you no longer wish to use our services 🙁 🙁 🙁 🙁 you may delete your account. Please note that we may continue to retain your information after you close your account, as described in how long we retain information above, for example when that information is reasonably necessary to comply with (or demonstrate our compliance with) legal obligations such as law enforcement notifications or is reasonably necessary for our legitimate business interests.
What rights you have over your data
Om du befinner dig i vissa länder, inklusive de som omfattas av den europeiska allmänna dataskyddsförordningen (“GDPR”), ger databeskyddslagen dig rättigheter med avseende på dina personuppgifter, med förbehåll för eventuella undantag från lag, inklusive rätten att
- Request access to your personal data;
- Request correction or deletion of your personal data (This does not include any data that we are required to keep for administrative, legal or security purposes.)
- Object to our use and processing of your personal data;
- Request that we restrict our use and processing of your personal data; and
- Request the transfer of your personal data.
You can usually access, correct or delete your personal data using your account settings and the tools we provide, but if you can't do that or if you want to contact us about any of the other rights, scroll down to the contact form.
EU residents also have the right to make a complaint to a state regulatory authority.
For questions about your privacy get in touch.
Ads and Analytics services provided by others
That's all! Thanks for reading.